Boeing Announces Big Layoffs in Defense Division. Great first day after the election. Sorry, but I felt today warrants more than a sentence or two of vituperation (AKA I’m major pissed off). So what’s happening?
1. Boeing is laying off 30% of their management jobs from 2010 levels, closing facilities in California (no doubt a smart move) and consolidating several business units to cut costs.
2. The Dow is down -312.95, the NASDAQ is down -74.64, the S&P 500 is down -33.86. You can tell what Wall Street thinks is about to happen.
3. You can read about Why Stocks May Keep Falling: ‘The Sugar High Will End,’ for further details.
4. You can read about Asian Shares Drop on US “Fiscal Cliff” Fears. Evidently they think Obama is a disaster in the making, too.
5. If you want to see out competent the Obama administration is you can read: FEMA centers in New York City ‘closed due to weather.’ We guess they only come out when it’s sunny and above 70 degrees.
6. My employees will be finding out soon they’re losing their health care. They can enjoy the wonderful benefIts of Obamacare from now on. (Perhaps after waiting a year or two to see a doctor about their cold they’ll vote Republican).
7. Some of my employees will be laid off soon. I can’t plan on anything but less business. Between Obama and the clown circus California government (who now have a Democrat super majority – meaning the can do whatever they want), the only things I can count on are death, tax increases, higher prices for every commodity you can name and more bullshit regulations to deal with. You can bet the banks won’t be loaning any working capitol (or the Mafia), which all adds up to less money and more work for no pay.
8. I am totally disgusted with: Dick Morris’ LSD election prediction, Fox News coverage of the election (Hey! Let’s throw in the towel I want to go home and have a beer!), Karl Rove (who couldn’t predict himself out of a paper bag but seems very adept at pulling bullshit excuses out of his fat ass), Romney’s pollsters (hint – next time here the guys the Democrats had – they’re obviously not stupid or on drugs) and last but not least, the idiots who voted for Obama.
I could go on, and on, and on, and on, and on…..but you get the point, which is that it’s all pretty much pointless from now on.