Exposing the Safelink Wireless government cell phone for the poor scam

by editor on March 11, 2009

Today we ran the story of Michelle Obama serving risotto at the soup kitchen down the street from the White House. She was surrounded by poor people frantically snapping photos with their cell phones.

If you’re anything like us (and we understand completely if you don’t want to be) you wondered, how can the poor afford cell phones, fancy ones with cameras? The monthly bills on these things can eat you alive. Is there some sort of free government cell phone service we didn’t know about?

Safelink Wireless Free Government Cell Phones

We were tipped off to the Safelink Wireless website. But please be warned that if you visit this site you are likely to walk away pissed off. Here’s what it says:

“SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program
that provides a free cell phone and airtime each
 month for income-eligible customers.”

free government cell phone from safelink wireless

Hello? Hello? Can anyone hear us complaining about this outrageous abuse?

“Lifeline Assistance is part of a program that was created by the government to provide discounted or free telephone service to income-eligible consumers. To help bring you this important benefit, SafeLink Wireless is proud to offer Lifeline Service. Through our Lifeline Service you will receive FREE cellular service, a FREE cell phone, and FREE Minutes every month! SafeLink Wireless Service does not cost anything – there are no contracts, no recurring fees and no monthly charges.”

“Any Minutes you do not use will roll-over. Features such as caller ID, call waiting and voicemail are all also included with your service. If you need additional Minutes, you can buy TracFone Airtime Cards at any TracFone retailer Walmart, Walgreens, Family Dollar, etc). SafeLink Airtime Cards will be available soon.”

“Your exact benefits, including the number of free Minutes you will receive, depend on the state you live in.”

Free cell phone from Safelink Wireless: how to qualify

“The process to qualify for Lifeline Service depends on the State you live in. In general, you may qualify if…

1. You already participate in other State or Federal assistance program such as Federal Public Housing Assistance, Food Stamps and Medicaid. OR
  2. Your total household income is at or below 135% of the poverty guidelines set by your State and/or the Federal Government. AND
  3. No one in your household currently receives Lifeline Service through another phone carrier.
  4. You have a valid United States Postal Address. In order for us to ship you your free phone you must live at a residence that can receive mail from the US Post Office. Sorry, but P.O. Boxes cannot be accepted.

In addition to meeting the guidelines above you will also be required to provide proof of your participation in an assistance program, or proof of your income level.

Un-freakin-believable. Outrageous. Shocking.

The way we read it, this Safelink Wireless program gives you a free cell phone, free monthly service, and free minutes. You qualify even if you make 35% more than the designated “poverty” level or if you’re already getting additional freebies from the government. And we see nothing that indicates you have to be a legal resident of the United States to qualify.

The site is also available in Spanish, leading to the not-too-unreasonable conclusion that a significant percentage of the free cell phones applicants conceivably could be, may be, might be undocumented aliens.

And, for God’s sake, we don’t even want to know how many of those filling out a Safelink application are currently stiffing a bank on a mortgage they never really qualified for in the first place.

We think we’re going to have a stroke. Would someone please call 911 on their free cell phone?

Note: Now Assurance Wireless (Virgin) and ReachOut Wireless (Nexus) are in the game. They plus other minor players account for 8 million government phones in circulation.

4990 Comments on "Exposing the Safelink Wireless government cell phone for the poor scam"

Notify of

Ken
Ken
September 1, 2009 8:11 am

People like “this”? How about people like “you”? It takes two to tango and to tangle.

BTW, Nancy, it is so gracious and considerate of you to “make sanctions for the mentally challenged”. I’m sure there’s a seat in heaven waiting for you, a big throne. I’ll make sure I dust it off for you should I get there before you. I hope I do go first. We need more of your type “making sanctions” here fighting for the cause!

September 1, 2009 2:08 pm

You’re welcome Ken, I hope you go before me too!

KYLE~!!!!!!!!!!!
KYLE~!!!!!!!!!!!
August 31, 2009 11:53 am

NOTE to EVERYONE!…….there will always be people that have and people that have not!…..some people that have not are couse they r to lazy to get anything . But that is in the minority…..most people that have not are for reasons out of there control. Like economics poor financial decision and just bad luck…now there are people that have…and for multiple reasons…very small percentage is from actual hard work ….most from blue collar crime cheating the system to work to there benefit. A lot were lucky or there parents were lucky PLAIN AND SIMPLE ……so before u judge people that need this phone….Really look into it and see it from both sides of the fence.

September 1, 2009 12:04 pm

Kyle — Are you sure you know what you’re talking about? Here’s a definition of blue-collar crime:

“In criminology, blue-collar crime is any crime committed by an individual from a lower social class as opposed to white-collar crime which is associated with crime committed by individuals of a higher social class.”

You contradict yourself. You’re saying that most socio-economically successful people (those who “have) only got that way because of blue collar crime, that is doing crimes typical of lower socio-economic groups (the “have nots”). LOL.

In addition, I’d like to point out that “poor financial decisions” do not qualify as something beyond someone’s control. Since it is a decision, it is indeed well within someone’s personal control.

August 31, 2009 6:44 pm

Oh, Kyle, you cannot attack on that front since you have no clue! But if that makes it easier for you to handle than if it came from a beautiful above I.Q. woman that’s okay. I do make sanctions for the mentally challenged.
I do have a question however, If you can stop ranting for an instant.
Why is it that when people are well off or not holding their hand out it is because of dishonesty or “luck”? Not because they worked hard and suffered or endured through the hard times. But when someone wants something for nothing as you do it is because life dealt you a bad hand. Do you have a reasonable answer for that?
I also have an observation, I have been reading these postings for a while now and my hypothesis is this, You have little to no education as you claim and you have not made $125,000.00 your whole entire life. God bless your miserable little existence. You might be low enough on the food chain to be euthanized. Good day Little man!

August 31, 2009 6:47 pm

All great and valid points, Nancy. But don’t let this troll push your buttons. He is not interested in dialog. Ignore him. He, and his other alter-egos will go away.

BTW – Admin, I posted earlier today about being able to block the troll… I don’t see that post (or his reply about using proxies). Are you censoring?

September 1, 2009 3:10 am

fedup, I know you are right, but every once in a while you can reason with a person like this. I just don’t know why they would even post to this site in the first place. I’m sure there are sites just for people like this. Thanks for the little wake up though, have a great day!

August 30, 2009 4:44 pm

Kyle=seriously below average I.Q.

Cecil56
Cecil56
August 30, 2009 8:55 am

I really do not see why the plan is getting such negative feedback. None of us here complain about paying social security, even though by the time most of us qualify for it, it will already have been depleted. It’s not socialism, nor is it redistribution of the wealth. Right now, the country is facing serious economic turmoil. This is temporary. Although our cell phone taxes are going to this program, it is going towards something that is benefitting a lot of people. The plan gives 68 free minutes and a phone. Its a great plan for those who need it. Lets not be mad that were helping out those who need it. Were in a time where we need to work together…

Southern Girl
Southern Girl
November 2, 2009 3:39 pm

I agree, some of these people are so inconsiderate. What happen to christianity and God-like manner. I betcha most of these heartless people, claim to be Christians and be in church every Sunday. What’s wrong with Americans helping Americans in time of need. In no way, I do I believe that some should work while other jerk off but lets be real here, most people who get any type of government assistance are usually people who have worked all of their lives 9the Seniors) and people who work everyday some of them two jobs. Not everyone receiving government assistance are lazy scum bags, most are very hard working people who just cant keep up with inflation. Let’s be honest, inflation has significantly outpaced wages in this country. And with the ongoing competition with foreign workers, Americans simply can’t compete, not even the most educated Americans. It’s simple and unfair, a Chinese worker can work for $10 per week cause the cost of living is not nearly as high as it is in America. We simply cant compete anymore which is driving many American companies overseas and many leaders of these companies are illigetimately hiring illegals so they can pay a lot less w/out benefits. Who do you think suffers…the American man who has worked since he was 13 in some field or manufacturing plant, or construction worker, or janitor who lost his job cause some illegal foreigner was hired to do the job for less w/out benefits. You can’t conclude that the American man was lazy or feel entitled, its just the circumstance. It’s the way many of our American companies are choosing to run businesses nowadays. And the question becomes Does the American man who has worked and paid taxes for 55 years be able to get assistance cause his job of 35 years went overseas right before he was able to draw a full pension? My answer is heck yes he should be able to get assistance, what rational reason should justify him not getting support. He has put more money in the system than what he will probably get out of it.

Lester
September 25, 2009 10:21 pm

Cecil,
“None of us here complain about paying social security, even though by the time most of us qualify for it, it will already have been depleted. It’s not socialism, nor is it redistribution of the wealth.”
I realize I’m not exactly a famous columnist, but I do complain about Socialist Insecurity all the time, in writing and verbally. Yes, it is socialist, it is wealth redistribution, but worst of all it is a Federally Mandated Ponzi Scheme. I don’t invest my money in Ponzi schemes voluntarily, they’re not mathematically sound. Therefore I resent having my money taken from me at gunpoint and put into one. I have no expectation whatsoever that I will ever see a penny of it back.
“Lets not be mad that were helping out those who need it.”
I suppose you have personally checked out all the people who are benefiting from this program? If not, you have no basis in fact for your statement. Oh, that’s right, you had your government check them out to make sure they are truly victims of circumstance, and none of them are lazy freeloaders, just like the rest of the welfare programs. You’re truly an idiot.

September 1, 2009 12:10 pm

Social security is NOT redistribution of wealth??? Are you daft?

Money is taken away from ME and handed out to OTHERS. That is a perfect example of redistribution of wealth.

Man, I cannot believe how naive people can be.

September 1, 2009 12:36 pm

I’ve said it before but it bears repeating –

Government does not produce revenue or wealth. It cannot give to one group that which it does not take from another.

Any tax break, incentive, entitlement, or handout is always at the expense of someone else. Government is, in its purist sense, wealth redistribution.

Administrator
August 30, 2009 9:01 am

“None of us here complain about paying social security”

Really? I don’t know one person who does not complain about paying Social Security.

rebecca
rebecca
August 22, 2009 11:07 am

could this be another way to bankrupt our country further and down the road to socialism? it’s all in the plan!

Leticia
Leticia
August 17, 2009 5:54 pm

I agree with the article almost completely…except for one thing: they actually ask every applicant for a valid Social Security number, which kind of rules out the possibility of illegal immirgants accessing these services.

And hey, just because it’s freebie after freebie doesnt mean it shouldn’t be happening; it’s about improving these people’s quality of life.

September 1, 2009 12:15 pm

It improves one person’s quality of life…..by LOWERING SOMEONE ELSE’S. This kind of program forces some people to labor for the benefit of another. Last time I checked, forced labor for others was called “slavery”.

Britton
August 17, 2009 8:56 am

Like to read? Find new information fun? Try this

August 16, 2009 6:42 am

Dear Dawn, eww!!!

DAWN
DAWN
August 15, 2009 8:00 pm

AND TO KYLE DONT YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN WORRY ABOUT WHAT THE GOVERNMENT IS DISHING OUT I PAY TAXES ALSO IDIOT AND AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED I GET WHATEVER THE GOVERNMENT IS GIVING FOR FREE EVEN FOOD STAMPS B/C THERE FREE AND I DONT CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK I ALSO WORK A FULL TIME JOB AND GO TO SCHOOL……WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT KYLE?

August 15, 2009 8:15 pm

I wouldn’t come down to hard on Kyle, Dawn. I think he’s right there in the same gravey-train-for-me-cause-it’s-free ride as you.

I fixed it for you:

AND TO [FEDUP] DON[‘]T YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO THAN WORRY ABOUT WHAT THE GOVERNMENT IS DISHING OUT [?] I PAY TAXES ALSO IDIOT[,] AND AS FAR AS I[‘]M CONCERNED[,] I GET WHATEVER THE GOVERNMENT IS GIVING FOR FREE [-] EVEN FOOD STAMPS B/C THERE (they’re or they are) FREE[,] AND I DON[‘]T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK[. ] I ALSO WORK A FULL TIME JOB AND GO TO SCHOOL[.]

While at school, have them spend a little more time on your writing skills. Now that reasonable punctuation and grammar skill have been applied to your post, I think I understand what you’re trying to say. Let me see if I get it:

You work. You pay taxes. You get whatever is free from the government (food stamps) because, well, they’re free, and of course you have no regard with what anyone else think.

Or in the most simplest form: U get yo shit fo free, so f*ck off – right? Something like that?

Ok, so here’s the problem with that position (IMO).

1) It’s not free. Someone is paying for it. Quick fact of physics and economics regarding government assistance. Government produces no tangible revenue or product. It sells nothing. I cannot give money or services to one group without taking it from another. Very simple.

2) Because you feel it’s free, and you’re entitled to it, you enable the government to continue to steal from Peter so he can pay Paul (you).

3) You like these benefits, so, should you decide to vote, you will be more likely to vote for a government that gives you free things. (that’s human nature). And due to the Idiocracy (movie) like tendency of people like you to reproduce at a rate 100x higher than my ‘kind’… well, my vote doesn’t count any more.

4) It’s ‘only food stamps and a few minutes on cell phone’… it’s not a big deal. WRONG. It is one of the many millions of cuts that are bleeding our country to death.

5) The fact that you don’t care about what anyone else thinks – namely those that are paying for your free stuff – make the rest of us very resentful and bitter.

6) That frustration will ultimately lead to violence – as I see no end to feeding this beast.

Another Ambien high – I ramble too much under the influence…

Andre
Andre
August 18, 2009 1:59 pm

Hey, “fedup”, how about changing your name to “shutup”? Judging by the times of your postings, I assume that you are not a typical “9-to-5″er, for if you were you wouldn’t be making the posting as at the times shown. If you were, you would be doing something other than the I’m-sure-it’s-so-vital-and-honorable job that you have. If you’re a punk-assed college student…. LEARN SOMETHING!!!

I have worked in the Engineering field for over 30 years, caring for my family, putting myself through college. Due to a heart condition I developed, I am unable to work. Three open heart surgeries, stents, an implantable defibrillator and numerous heart attacks and cardiac arrests have made this impossible. If I paid into a program for thirty years, essentially an insurance program, why can’t I collect on it now that I am disabled? Because of this heart problem, I don’t have a wife, a car, a house, and at times food. There is nothing wrong with getting something you deserve, wheteher it’s finacial assistance, food stamps (see, two words) or a phone. Speaking of getting what one deserves….. how about I drive next to you next time my defibrillator fires? We’ll wreck, you’ll be unconscious. I’ll awaken first, but golly-garsh-ding-dong-dag-nab-it… I won’t have a phone to call 911 to help you because I won’t have a phone!

August 18, 2009 2:06 pm

I’ve logged 150k miles flown this year covering sales for my company. Technology makes the world a smaller place – instant updates from posts like yours – and real time access. Sorry if my ability to keep current on this subject makes me less credible to you. I work with many, many engineers – a very conservative bunch by nature.

I’m sorry life has dealt you a bad hand. I wish you well.

Britton
August 16, 2009 5:39 am

I was going to comment on Dawn’s post, but I don’t need to now. Fedup did such a wonderful reply so I no longer need to. Her comments are “group think” all the way. Typical uneducated banter about a subject that she knows so little about that it scares me. She gets them because they are free?¿!¿?! WTF is wrong with you woman.

Does any of you that are saying how good and right all the government assistance programs are understand that they are a type of “assistance” for folks who are destitute. Getting them just because they exist is insane, and if you are working and getting assistance to, well then that is just greed. The fact is the money you think your getting for free is not free, its will be paid for sometime in the future on earnings that haven’t even been earned yet. The taxes the government is getting today are paying for handouts given several years ago.

So the real question is, who going to pay for your 6 kids medical bills, section 8 home, light bills, tanif and your supposedly dead or unknown “baby’s daddy” (you know perfectly well where he is, sucking on the tit of society right along with you). I’ll tell you who’s going to pay for all that, LOANS to the US government from other countries. So what happens when the other countries finally say, “No we don’t have anymore money to feed your lazy population” Well my friend, that’s when the shit hits the fan. Watch in wonder as the government starts to kill off social programs faster than they were created in a pathetic attempt to recover from leeching losers like Dawn, Kyle, Kim and about 150 Million others like them (actual numbers will vary). Just watch as each state scrambles to try and find a way to pay billions in handouts on a 900,000 dollar budget. Oh hell just go play the lottery while your at it to. You got enough money to buy a 65,000 dollar car with 10,000 dollar rims and a sound system that rivals most movie theaters but “OH NO” I can’t buy my kids food and clothes. Please do us all a favor and go jump off a bridge! Preferably one with out water under it.

KYLE~!!!!!!!!!!!
KYLE~!!!!!!!!!!!
August 30, 2009 9:09 am

I love the phone!!!!!!!!!!..wohooo curerently applying for masshealth and section 8 hope i get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

August 16, 2009 1:07 pm

Britton, they don’t care. They’ve been raised in liberal-tainted school systems, where personal responsibility doesn’t exist and they are all taught they are helpless victims of somebody or something. The reason they can’t get ahead is never ever due to anything they might have done. They are also taught that the gov is their master, rather than the other way around.

I could go into some religious theology at this point about the general breakdown of society that I’ve witnessed in my own lifetime, but I doubt it would go over well with the admins here. Sufffice to say that the old biblical saying “love of money is the root of all evil” is what is at the heart of most of the problems in this country today. Greed, in otherwords. Greed in the form of CEO millionaires that steal yet more millions, all the way down to people like Dawn who think that, just because the gov says its right, it *is* ok to take from others.

DAWN
DAWN
August 15, 2009 7:57 pm

I THINK THE PROGRAM IS GREAT I GET MY MINUTES ON TIME EVERY 1ST OF THE MONTH FOR ER’S AND IM SATISFIED…..AND TO MICHELLE OBAMA YOU GO GIRL I ROUTING FOR YOU AND MR OBAMA 🙂 WE ALWAYS HAVE THE CITIZENS WITH MONEY KNOCK PROGRAMS LIKE THIS BUT I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE MORE PROGRAMS LIKE IT FOR THE LESS FORTUNATE….THANKS VERY MUCH TO ALL OF YOU WHO FEEL DIFFERENT B/C IT REALLY DOESNT MATTER

Lee
Lee
August 11, 2009 10:48 am

And now good bye boys and girls I have a life can’t sit here all day whinning like all you all so Peace Out!!!!

Lee
Lee
August 11, 2009 10:46 am

Pot calling the kettle black? hardly your over rated opinion spurred mine on!

August 11, 2009 10:45 am

Admin – IP’s logged?

Lee
Lee
August 11, 2009 10:44 am

nope your wrong don’t know Kyle new to this forum sorry!

Lee
Lee
August 11, 2009 10:29 am

Your way of thinking on this subject is slanted!
seriously, think for a moment if you would about this…
You bust your hump for 15 yrs with a company and do to
the economy your job is phased out. You find yourself
strapped for money that unemployment isn’t covering
everything you pay check did. Shut off notices come in
the banks on you to repay your loan your car payment
is 3 months behind your child needs glasses and to see a
dentist. Your mortgage company is threatening foreclosure
You have nothing left your strapped because your unemployment
just ran out! You can’t even buy a loaf of bread! Your about
to kill yourself because you can’t support your family
anymore, the kids are hungry. Your neighbor says go
get help get welfare until you find a new job. You shallow
your pride after all the kids need food, a roof, clothes
heat lights. So you apply.
You get a grant stamps medical and a cell phone.
the grant pays for a cheaper place to live the heat the
lights the food stamps fill hungry little tummies, the
medical takes care of the dental visit your child needs
the cell phone keeps you out there actively looking for work
even when the land line phone has been shut off for none
payment.

People use your heads in everything there’s a good and bad side
it’s how you look at it that matters, And I for one personally like
knowing theirs some system out there to help me if I need it despite
over rated and over opinionated jerks like you guys!

August 11, 2009 3:25 pm

Lee—-If someone needs to go on government support cause they can’t make their car payment, then they need to sell the car and buy something cheaper before they go begging for handouts. Ditto on a mortgage. Both of these things are DEBT. Signing on the dotted line for a loan of any kind is a gamble….it’s a gamble that one will have the future earnings to pay the debt off. If someone loses the job that pays those debts, looks like they lost the gamble doesn’t it? Why should that be someone else’s problem?

The solution is easy. Don’t go into hock for more than one can cover working part time or while getting unemployment. Even better is to not go into debt at all.

I really despise the “it’s for the children” tactic. Its a typical tactic to attack anti-entitlement folks by implying that they are against children. Let’s have some personal responsibility here. The mom & dad in your example weren’t thinking “its for the children” when they signed for a shiny new car were they? Did they think of the children when they gambled on signing for a big fat mortgage, which clearly states that the bank gets the house if they don’t pay? Give me a break.

People need to start living within thier means. Gambling the roof over their kids head because they want more house than they can afford is where the real problem is. It isn’t with people who don’t want to bail their asses out.

kyle c
kyle c
August 11, 2009 10:42 am

u sir are a very very smart man….i have been getting these comments in my email…and u sir were the only one worth responding back to

August 11, 2009 10:43 am

Kyle = Lee… Whoda thunk.

kyle c
kyle c
August 11, 2009 10:48 am

this is the kyle u were talking about i got banned awhile back…was reading comments that came to my email and decided to come back to congratulate that guy on the best comment yet on this blog!

August 11, 2009 10:39 am

“And I for one personally like knowing theirs [SIC] some system out there to help me if I need it despite over rated [SIC] and over opinionated jerks like you guys!”

This is what we affectionately know as the pot calling the kettle black.
BTW, welcome back Kyle.

David
David
August 11, 2009 9:00 am

Are you guys joking? It’s a free cell phone. You need to apply for it if you have a low income or other things. You’ll need a computer to apply along with medicaid or health forms. It’s meant for the cell phone to help people who can’t afford one. If you’re homeless and have a cell phone, then you really wouldn’t be homeless would you? Blame them. Not the program. Do something better with your lives. If you want to blame “stealing” go blame people on welfare too lazy to work for themselves.

Britton
August 9, 2009 3:43 pm

My mail box sure has been quiet, whats up. Everyone finally come to terms with the inevitable?

Britton
August 4, 2009 4:56 pm

I found that Idioacry movie and am watching it now, just paused it for a moment to come talk about it. Everyone should be required to watch that movie! Especially Kyle, he might find some common ground and all. LOL It’s scary but true at what the movie is trying to comically describe as the downfall of man kind. Someone here said, “Its already starting” and they are right.

Think about it, 50 years ago the United States public school system had higher scores and the U.S. didn’t rank 22 on the sustainable economies of the world list. Here it is 50+ years later and anyone can see that well basically everyone’s getting dumber. I blame poor parenting and technology (or lack of control in its usage rather).

Kids now would rather spend hours on end playing the newest “Blast em’ to Bits” video game rather than trying to learn something useful. When they reach teens’ that is replaced with “Duh, think I gonna go pregnate me some hole”. At adulthood they spend the rest of their lives with mundane jobs that they find unbearable so they quit and live off the government, because that takes no action or brain power on their part to accomplish. Just like the silly movie points out, the dumbest of the lot get to reproduce while people that know better, the smarter ones, hold off or sometimes never have any children at all. So yes there is a continuing degradation of the genetic make up of the human race.

As the technology improves and computers begin to automate even the most complex of task, the human mind and drive will diminish to the point where we will probably need a computer chip to remind us to breath. More than likely I will have died by then.

So to all you free loaders out there, eat it up! Lets destroy humanity together!

LMAO…back to the movie now.

August 4, 2009 5:00 pm

Glad you found it, was a great flick.

Lester
August 3, 2009 11:24 pm

We probably paid for Kyle’s computer, too. I know we paid for him to get an education, regardless of whether or not he took advantage of it.

August 3, 2009 3:27 pm

Whoa, what happened here today? LOL. Sounds like Kyle went off the meds. But, like I said in an earlier post. People on welfare think it is a badge of honor. If they get a cell phone too, there is no end to what they can do! HA! Oh yeah wanted ask, what could he possibly been doing to earn that kind of money? If he did where is it?

kim
kim
August 3, 2009 8:34 pm

I get assistance but I am not claiming to be proud. I hate taking it as much as you all hate paying for it, but I do need it. There are no jobs out there for my husband who was laid off from a supervising job from a textile plant. Even McDonald’s won’t hire him. I work all I can and it is not enough. I have an Associates Degree and I work a minimum wage job because there are no job openings in my profession. These are very bad times and some of us truly do need assistance. My I do deserve respect as a human being whether I do get help or not…I am not a low life leach and will never classify myself as one…as soon as we are on our feet I don’t need assistance. When it happens to you then I want to hear you all complain. It will be very quiet on this website that is a sure thing. I didn’t vote for Obama…I can’t stand him…I think he is the anti-christ…but he didn’t create government assistance. I would be happy to use a pay phone if the phone company would service them so they work. Oh and by the way, if I didn’t have the cellphone right now because of our financial status I can not afford one, the time it would take me to get to a pay phone my autistic/bipolar 9 year old might have already committed suicide or killed one of his younger sisters during a crisis. So thank you for all the cruel, inhumane comments that have come my way. I had no idea how hateful some people really are. This has been a real eye opener on what being an American in the United States is really about. The government is messed up, true. But are we really that hateful of people nowadays.

August 3, 2009 11:55 pm

Everybody has a story as to why *they* are special victims and deserve a piece of what the government takes from others. This is why this socialism will probably never end in this country.

I hope it goes bankrupt soon. Then we will see who the real survivors are.

Southern Girl
Southern Girl
November 2, 2009 3:03 pm

How cruel, your hatred for a certain group of people, makes you want an entire nation fail. Wow that’s sin at its core. You are disgusting. I’ll pray for you that you can find inner peace and have a better heart. Thank goodness I am not like you.

Britton
August 4, 2009 6:56 am

Me to kaj, me to

August 3, 2009 1:13 pm

obama was and is the best thing that has ever happen to this country in a long time

August 3, 2009 1:22 pm

Kyle, you need to be hosed down with a strong dose of ANTI-TROLL SPRAY.

Folks, ignore the obvious attempt to stir the pot. Admin, please take this as a vote to ban. An opinion is one thing – writing things to push buttons is entirely different. This is my last post with regard to ‘kyle’

Britton
August 3, 2009 1:25 pm

I second the motion.

Britton
August 3, 2009 1:22 pm

Let’s see how you feel about him once he’s fully done his damage. Answer this Kyle, what happens when more than 70% of the American population is unemployed and living off government assistance? Do you really think that the country can function when there is more people on social welfare then there are paying into it? Oh and as for the “taxes” you paid in. That money was used up years ago, wake up dude. Socialism will fail and that’s what your preaching that you support and are proud of.

In other words your proud of a President that is in his own way attacking the American people in a way that conventional guns/firepower can not affect. See it is a waste of time to try and tell someone like you anything. Your happy and living your life now for what it is, but you never stop to think of the impact that the actions taken today will effect you and future generation to come.

I’m done with you, now go rattle of some ignorant statement about how proud you are of your stupidity.

Administrator
August 3, 2009 12:46 pm

To all watching Kyle disintegrate, it happens over and over with the left on sites like this. Their words begin to fail them, their lack of logic shows, and then they get confused and frustrated, pull out their swear words, eventually get banned, and then cry free speech.

August 3, 2009 1:07 pm

listen moron im not a right left Republican etc etc…i could careless about all that shit…..im a foodstamp recipient and wireless cell fone reciever hopefully ill get free rent too i deserve it…..oh and about u blocking me it wont happen

Administrator
August 3, 2009 1:39 pm

oh and about u blocking me it wont happen

Thanks for the incentive.

But of course you’ll figure out how to get on back now and then, it’s really not that difficult. But I guess for you it will be a real accomplishment So, congrats in advance. What else do you have to do with your time, anyway?

Britton
August 3, 2009 1:10 pm

Hey Kyle, is the shift key broken on your keyboard or is it just that the higher brain functions are gone? You may not realize it or don’t care but at least trying to put your words together properly will help you not come off as a total idiot.

Did you just drop out of school at 12 or something?

August 3, 2009 12:19 pm

[begin sarcasm]100% class act, Kyle. You make ME proud to support you.[end sarcasm]

Does anyone else here notice a pattern?

August 3, 2009 12:33 pm

im sure i paid more in taxes than u…i used to make 125 thousand dollars a year….ur mcdonalds job doesnt count…so shut the fuk up man go cry to ur boyfriend i dont wanna hear it

August 3, 2009 4:09 pm

Usually people who use “I paid more taxes than you” as an excuse to justify taking other people’s money are full of BS. Think about it Kyle. What you seem to be saying is:

–Once upon a time I was richer & better than you.
–Now that I have lost it all, I am entitled to steal from people who have less money than I did.

I think you’re full of BS. People with present or past six figure incomes usually present themselves *much* better.

Administrator
August 3, 2009 9:29 am

Dear Kyle:

You may want to check if there is a taxpayer funded program to improve your spelling and grammar. I’m certain there is, but you may have to pretend to be hispanic to get in.

BTW, “proud” to be using foodstamps and phone? May I ask where the pride comes from? Maybe thankful, but proud?

i call idiot i do got the phone i do get foodstamps and im proud and happy to be using them…see in this country when someoen fallss and needs help getting back up we help them if u dont like that mentality go ecudour mexico and hundreds of other countries that have no social systems and were one financial mistake could mean u and ur family starve to death it happens everyday assholes! you people that cry likes this will cry till ur put in this situation than u will look for help from anyone u can

August 3, 2009 9:42 am

ok spelling nazi im not trying to write all proper if i was i could but i dont care right now so get over it. Now for the rest of what uu said iam proud to get the fone and foodstamps i earned them i have payed taxes all my life…why did i do this couse that was my duty as a us citezien now wen i need help im getting it and im proud of the fact that i live in a country that is possible and ike i said before if u dont like this system go to one of the hundreds of countrys that have no social systems and were its possible u will die of starvation if u become in financial need of help. i can c were people would get mad over people that live on welfare like most black women do BTW ….but still its better than the alternative having the poor and unmotivated or just people with mental problems wandering around the street dieing of starvation …..our system needs work but granted the usa is the best country on this planet

August 3, 2009 10:25 am

“iam proud to get the fone and foodstamps i earned them i have payed taxes all my life…”

No, that would be retirement. Food stamps (it is two words) and phone (not fone) are government handouts, intended for those too poor to survive.

“i can c were people would get mad over people that live on welfare like most black women do BTW ….but still its better than the alternative having the poor and unmotivated or just people with mental problems wandering around the street dieing of starvation ….”

For the record, I never said “Black” woman in my New Orleans comment.

Your logic has a serious flaw (big surprise). You assume that if our government doesn’t take care of these people, they’ll die of starvation. If all the bleeding-heart wackos funded charities with their OWN money like they do with ways to spend MY money, you and the rest of the ‘proud’ recipients would be eating like kings.

August 3, 2009 11:42 am

im proud to get foodstamps and the fone…i earned it…ok spelling nazi…..if we didnt have social programs like foodstamps and the fone and welfare etc etc our country would be f*cked just like the countries on this planet that dont have these programs… i will bet my life on it that the people that dont like these programs as soon as u need them u will be right there with your hands out and if they didnt excist u would be the first ones to complain…im thinking about asking for more foodstamps tommorow i hope i get them!!!!!!!!!!!!….maybe more minutes for my fone too…yippppeee

Administrator
August 3, 2009 12:17 pm

Come on Kyle, you can’t spell, but you can spell cuss words fine. I had to moderate your cussing. Please don’t do it again. It just get’s put in the moderation queue anyway.

August 3, 2009 12:35 pm

shutup loser….oh btw this blog needs some work..seriously it looks like u designed it back in 1986

August 3, 2009 3:51 pm

It is always a good indication of intellect when a poster insults the admins/moderators. It’s the online version of “death-by-cop”.

Britton
August 3, 2009 1:05 pm

See folks, this is what happens when you sleep through English class. Point of fact for you Mr. Kyle (aka dumbass) Most internet browsers have a spell check option. Try using it sometimes.

If your poor inclination for spelling and proper syntax is any indication as to your work ethic its no wonder your using food stamps and wasting cell tower bandwidth with your worthless calls that are probably so ate up with slang that even linguistics experts can’t decode it. No one in there right mind would hire you. As for your “business” drug dealing doesn’t count.

Live it up dumb ass, be part of the problem, not the solution. It’s the American way because we all know ignorance is bliss.

Britton
August 2, 2009 10:03 pm

You know it’s amazing at how people like the “fat black chick on CNN” forget about ALL that other “help” they got, for most if not, all of the time they have been alive. It’s a sad day when you know human beings are brought up to think leaching off of government assistance is “a good thing and something to be proud of”. Not to mention the shear numbers of these leaches that take and enjoy burning up tax dollars, but all the while working. Such as non taxed work, money from family, drug sales, etc. None of that is reported, but that’s how thieves and con artists work.

I’d love to see the look on these worthless individuals faces if the Federal government said, “Hey America, were out of cash for social programs, your going to have to just make it on your own now”. It would be mass chaos, and looting’s aplenty. God I wish I could afford a gun! (not for killing people but for protection when the proverbial shit hits the fan.)

August 3, 2009 1:15 am

A 22 rifle isn’t that expensive. And ammo is cheap enough for it you can spend a decent amount of time learning to use it properly. It’s a good basic gun for a beginner.

But who needs guns, we can just use our free cell to call 911, right?

kim
kim
August 3, 2009 6:12 am

Over all the complaining of money taken from tax payers and government spending, I bet 90% of the people here look for every tax credit they can get at income tax time and get a refund of more money than they really paid in to begin with. Is that not taking from the government of what is not yours. 95% of the people have screwed someone at some point in their lives or made some mistakes. In the end complaining is not going to help and we all end this life the same way we came into it…with nothing. It’s only money. Money that doesn’t care if your alive or dead. Money is the root of all evil. Look how cruel you people have become to others less fortunate over money. Yes some people do take advantage and some really need help. Those that do take advantage, is the reason God has them here, to learn a lesson. They are less fortunate in knowledge but not as a human. Knowledge from these lovely public schools is not going to get people off of public assistance. Fix the poor education and you can fix a whole lot more along the way. Knowledge and strong will is the only thing God wants us to have. Freedom of choice to make mistakes and learn from them.

August 3, 2009 3:31 pm

Maybe God can give you some of his money?

August 3, 2009 8:51 am

I’m sure your comment is just to work us into a lather – so I’ll keep my response short.

If you feel it’s only money, and money is the root of all evil, please, do us all a favor, and fund this program with YOUR money.

I don’t know who posted this earlier, but the point is profound:

The people who come up with these grand compassionate ideas are quick to volunteer taxpayer money. Instead, if they’re so passionate about the issue, have them donate their own money – and work at raising funds from like-minded individuals. The problem, of course, is the compassion is only apparent when they don’t have to pay for it.

BTW, watch Idiocracy before going on about religion.

August 3, 2009 3:49 am

when will it end? next we should provide them with a free car and gas vouchers so they can get to and from their untaxed jobs. two people work at a local bar (under the table). One is a barmaid, her boyfriend a “DJ”. He also sells pasties that he makes at their section 8 house. They complain about their $675.00 a month rent because the higher the rent the higher their out of pocket expense. They have to cough up $150.00 a month. I guess we pay the rest. He advertises when he is selling pasties on his myspace page. They have three kids, only one is his and the other two are by 2 dif fathers, because only one is white. I don’t know if it’s the area I live in or what but this lifestyle is more normal than a working family with one or two kids from the same mom and dad. They applied for the cell phone last I heard, shouldn’t have a hard time getting one.

I just read where the government might have to raise middle-class taxes to help lower the deficit. It’s outrageous to raise our taxes while giving away more of them to low-lifes. How much more do we have to take?

August 3, 2009 3:47 pm

Turn them in. Some states have anonymous tip lines to report fraud.

wpDiscuz