SeminoleHighSchool.jpg
High school locked down because of thermometer. Officials brought in a hazmat crew after a student brought a thermometer containing mercury to chemistry class. No, the thermometer didn’t break and spill mercury. Yes, this is the same substance Congress decided should be in our light bulbs… including, no doubt, the light bulbs lining the hallways and illuminating the classrooms of Seminole High.

Leave a Reply

21 Comments on "High school locked down because of thermometer"

Notify of

trackback

[…] here: High school locked down because of thermometer Tags: congress, new format Category: 2010 Elections, Congress You can follow any responses to […]

barbiegirl ny
Member
barbiegirl ny
December 5, 2012 5:19 pm

Must have been a rectal thermometer. Talk about @$$holes!

RobertW
Member
December 5, 2012 9:43 pm

how do you tell the difference?

the taste.

Elrond Hubbard
Member
Elrond Hubbard
December 5, 2012 12:20 pm

America’s public schools, dumb teachers dumbing down the children of America for 60 years.

Growing up in the 50s with four siblings there was always a mercury thermometer in the bathroom cabinet, next to the tooth paste and the aspirin.
Whenever we had a fever our mother stuck the mercury filled time-bomb in our mouths. Somehow we all survived despite the fact Mom was endangering our lives.

CO2Insanity
Admin
December 5, 2012 12:25 pm

You probably have mercury fillings, too. Our dentist used to give us a blob or two and we’d roll it around in the palm of our hands. It’s cool stuff. I haven’t died of mercury poising either. Neither has my sister.

JPTravis
Member
December 5, 2012 12:53 pm

Yeah, I’m not happy about the mercury fillings – it’s one of the reasons my opinion of dentists is so low – but in addition to rolling it around in their hands, people used to inject copious amounts of the stuff trying to cure syphilis lesions. Both the mercury and the syphilis would leave you mad as a hatter (heh heh) but at least with the mercury injections you could go mad without the lesions embarrassing you at public functions. Anyway, the notion that a school needs to panic because somebody brought a thermometer to chemistry class is idiotic.

drb
Member
drb
December 5, 2012 4:25 pm
perlcat
Member
December 5, 2012 11:13 am

Ah, the “dim bulb”. The Holy Grail and symbol of liberal thought. We certainly agree with the symbolism — but we certainly differ on the explanation.

Progressive Hemrrhoid
Member
Progressive Hemrrhoid
December 5, 2012 10:18 am

I take it electronics are not taught at this school, obviously never heard of a mercury switch. So what exactly do they teach in these chemistry classes, because it damn sure isn’t science.

poppajoe49
Member
poppajoe49
December 5, 2012 7:22 pm

There is more mercury in the old thermostat in any of their houses than in that thermometer.

RobertW
Member
December 5, 2012 10:10 am

maybe they should change the mascot to titmouse. or, better, fraidy-cats.

matthew s harrison
Member
matthew s harrison
December 5, 2012 9:27 am

Someone should tell those fucking retards that every florescent bulb in that school combined have about 1,000 times the quick silver as that one thermometer does! Hilarious. Libtards are so ignorant it is sad. It is also terrifying that we trust our young maleable minds to these fucking morons.

Sidekick
Member
Sidekick
December 5, 2012 4:28 pm

That is a good rant!!

JPTravis
Member
December 5, 2012 11:08 am

Indeed, it’s the stupidity of the people teaching our children that frightens me. Not only is there mercury in the bulbs all over the school, the bulb mercury is more dangerous because when the bulbs are broken they will scatter unseen mercury all over nearby surfaces. Whereas the mercury in the thermometer could be removed and rolled around on the chemistry teacher’s desk and then put back in the thermometer without hurting a soul… as my chemistry teacher did forty years ago.

StrinaM
Member
December 5, 2012 11:21 am

Anyone see the Glenn Beck segment about 4 or 5 years ago where he went thru the EPA’s manual for disposing if the broken “Eco-friendly” bulbs. You basically need a HAZMAT team.

CO2Insanity
Admin
December 5, 2012 11:22 am

You also need to evacuate your house if one leaks inside so you don’t breathe the poison gas.

StrinaM
Member
December 5, 2012 12:58 pm

Cut away the carpet or linoleum area and pay a Hazardous Material disposal company to dispose of it. DO NOT PUT IN TRASH.

RobertW
Member
December 5, 2012 12:35 pm

DO NOT vacuum.

Navyvet2
Guest
Navyvet2
December 5, 2012 9:43 am

Well said Matthew. Seems like the more education these people have the less common sense they have. Giving school administrators money to spend is like throwing it in the toilet and flushing.

MGAP
Member
MGAP
December 5, 2012 9:37 am

Don’t hold anything back Matthew..

CO2Insanity
Admin
December 5, 2012 9:15 am

Now I suppose Homeland Security will want to send him off to GITMO for a terrorist attack on the school.

wpDiscuz